top of page


What is the Festival at the Farm?

Festival at the Farm is a music festival held at Prowse Farm in Canton, MA. This celebration of music, food and fun features two stages of music, great food, games and activities, and a kids zone.  


Where is the Festival at the Farm being held?

The festival is held at Prowse Farm at the Blue Hills in Canton, MA which is located in a lovely sector of Planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy (which was named after the chocolate candy product).  The address is 5 Blue Hill River Road, Canton, MA 02021.


When is Festival at the Farm?

September 15th and 16th, 2018.


When will gates to Festival at the Farm open and close?

The gates for the Festival at the Farm will open at 1:00 pm and close at approximately 10:30 pm. 


When do tickets go on sale and how can I purchase them?

Check the Tickets Section of the website for info on ticket sales. (CLICK HERE)


How can I contact you if I have any questions regarding Festival at the Farm?

Contact information is listed on the INFO page of this website. 


What happens if the event sells out? Will more tickets become available?

That is unlikely, once tickets are gone, they are gone…but in the event that the festival sells out, please check the website for information regarding additional ticket purchases. We recommend purchasing your tickets when they go on sale to ensure you don't miss out on this amazing experience.


Will there be a box office located onsite?

Yes, a box office will be located onsite at the main entrance to the festival.


Am I allowed to re-enter the festival?

As a general rule, attendees are allowed to come and go to the festival as they please, as long as they have their ticket readily available each time they enter the festival gates.


What will be available in the food areas?

We will have a selection of different food vendors onsite, please check the FOOD & DRINK section of the website for info. 


Is there a dress code at the festival?

Pants (or their smaller cousin, shorts) or skirts or dresses are strictly required. For the love of Pete, please remember to wear clothes!


Will there be a lost and found?

If you lost something while at the festival, check with the Lost and Found, which is located inside the Information Tent.


If it is very hot or rains will the festival still go on?

Festival at the Farm is a rain or shine event. If the weather affects the festival on event day, we will announce it on this website promptly. Bookmark and check back regularly.


What do I do in the unlikely event that it starts raining meatballs?

In the event of meatball precipitation, hold out a plate or if possible a hero roll or hoagie bread.


I am a member of the media. How can I receive a press pass to this event?

We will soon be adding a press application to this website.  Please check back soon. 




Can I bring a collapsible chair and/or blankets?

Yes, but please make a note of our guidelines. To ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests we do allow blankets and soft-sided collapsible chairs into the Festival grounds. For safety’s sake, chairs and blankets will not be allowed in the area in front of the stage.  Clearly, a cluttered Festival is bad feng shui, but it also creates other difficulties which can escalate in the event of an emergency.  So…chairs in the back, dancers in the front.  We’ll need all the space we can get to provide everyone with ample room to move, groove and just plain enjoy themselves.


Can I bring a personal camera?

Only small personal cameras will be allowed into the Festival. Cameras that have a large lens will only be permitted if a media pass has been issued.



Can I bring a Hubble telescope?

No, this highly expensive piece of scientific research equipment is not a toy and is needed by NASA in space for their ongoing quest to unlock the secrets of the universe.


Can I bring food into the festival?

Those who have special dietary needs and/or food allergies may bring personal quantities of food, for personal use only, into the venue.  If you do not have special dietary needs you are not  allowed to bring food and beverage into the festival. The  vendors will be onsite to allow for delicious snacks, nutritious food and refreshing beverage purchase.


Are you a parent bringing the kiddos in and worried about keeping them fueled up?   Okay...If  you have you got a sealed energy bar or maybe a sealed, small INDIVIDUAL-SIZED snack that you would like to bring in for the kiddos -  we'll be understanding.   But please don't be that person that brings in a family's worth of sandwiches, meals and snacks.  

You may bring in unopened (factory-sealed) or fully empty bottles of water. We will have a free water-refill station onsite.


What is allowed into the festival?

• Soft-sided chairs 

• Strollers and small wagons for the kiddos

• Blankets (may not exceed 6'x8') Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape etc. to reserve space is prohibited

• Denim jackets

• Combs and other personal hygiene support products

• Regular-size/unframed backpacks

• Imaginary friends (please note real friends will be required to present a ticket for entry)

• Empty water bottles  - We will have a refillable water station on-site

• Small digital cameras or point-and-click 35mm cameras

• Binoculars

• A good attitude


What is NOT allowed into the festival?

(Note: Everybody will be subject to search entering the festival site!)


• Weapons and illegal substances of any kind (this includes but is not limited to tazers, phazers, lasers and any other dangerous futuristic devices that have yet to be invented)

• Alcohol (beer and wine will be sold at the festival)

• Bad Attitudes

• Flags that are attached to poles of any size

• Framed or large backpacks

• Glass containers of ANY kind

• Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles

• Bicycles inside the festival grounds (bike racks are available onsite next to the church entrance)

• Fireworks and explosives

• So-called “Hover-boards”

• Instruments and laser pointers (these are super annoying)

• Picnic baskets

• Lawn furniture

• Large or hard-sided coolers (including thermoses)

• Tents

• Pets or live animals (except service dogs) of any kind, even friendly ones

• Cyborgs and robots (particularly evil ones) and any other type of artificial intelligence

• Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs)

• No illegal vending is permitted - no unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed

• No tailgating!

• No camping!

• Bad Magic tricks

Hula hoops are allowed.

Batons, wands and poi used for dancing are NOT  allowed into the festival. 





Will credit cards be accepted for food/beverage purchases?

Beer and wine sales booths WILL  be accepting credit cards, but food vendors will be on a case by case basis.  

Will credit cards be accepted for craft/vendor purchases?

Some of the vendors may have the ability to accept credit cards, but it will vary from vendor to vendor.



Are there ATMs available if I run low on cash?

Yes, there are ATMs onsite.





What safety personnel will be provided?

Our primary goal is to create a safe and secure environment for all festival attendees. To ensure this, there will be onsite security and safety provided by local police and private security companies. 


What medical service will be onsite?

There will be a medical tent located onsite to help you with any type of medical problem. If you need assistance, please go to the medical tent or look for festival staff.


What do I do to report or find a missing child?

You should immediately report any missing children to the nearest staff person, security or police officer. We will have a "Tag-A-Tot" program onsite at the main festival gate to easily identify any missing children.


Will there be a lost and found?

Yes. If you lost something while at the festival, check with the Lost and Found, which is located inside the Information Tent.





What is the access program for patrons with disabilities?

The purpose of the Access Program for the Festival at the Farm is to, as best as we can, make it possible for our patrons with disabilities to attend the event and participate in the activities. We strive to give you all the information you need to properly prepare for your visit. If you have questions before the event please email If you have questions during the event please visit the Information Tent at the festival. All patrons with disabilities are encouraged to stop by the tent to get information about the Access Program.


Where can I request an accommodation?

If you need an accommodation that the Access Program does not already provide, please make your request right away by emailing Last minute requests may be difficult to process. Some services may be available without advance notice. During the event, you may stop by the Information Tent to ask for assistance. We want your visit to the festival to go as smoothly as possible.

What services do you have for kids with disabilities?

Please write to let us know how we can be of assistance. We will do all that we can. 


Where is the accessible parking?

There is accessible parking on-site next to the front entrance of the festival grounds for those who have a valid, state-issued, accessible parking tag. The person to whom the tag was issued must be in the vehicle.


Is the Skedaddle shuttle service to Festival at the Farm accessible? 

When you make your reservations be sure to let Skedaddle know that you need accessible transportation by writing to:

What are the festival grounds like?

All entrances to the festival will accommodate wheelchairs.  The length of the field where the event is held is about one tenth of a mile. Patrons will travel over hard packed dirt pathways, closely cropped lawn, and a track with hard packed dirt. The festival area is mowed grass and is flat terrain. If there is rain, some areas could become muddy. Patrons will be responsible for getting themselves around the site and should plan their mobility needs accordingly. Please write if you need more information.


What mobility devices are allowed?

Please bring your manual or motorized wheelchair, your three or four-wheeled scooter, or other standard mobility devices such as a walkers, crutches, canes, or knee scooters. Please operate your mobility device at walking speed and follow manufacturer's instructions.


What mobility devices are NOT allowed?

• Single-wheeled devices such as a unicycle (especially the super tall ones that clowns ride)

• Two-wheeled devices such as scooters, bicycles, so-called “hover boards” and Segways (although kind of cool they are pretty weird and also not safe in a festival environment)

• Three and four wheeled devices such as all-terrain vehicles or golf carts

• Any other type of mobility device larger than a motorized wheelchair, or that operates faster than walking speed is not allowed. This is for the safety of our patrons and the continued health of the farm's beautiful grass.


Where may I recharge my mobility device?

Recharge your motorized wheelchairs and scooters at the Medical Tent or the Information Tent.


Do I need permission to use the reserved viewing areas?

There will be reserved viewing at both stages. These areas are for patrons with disabilities that substantially limit their ability to stand. Look for signs with the wheelchair symbol. An access wristband is required to use these viewing areas. Stop by the Information Tent to obtain an access wristband.


What is the companion policy in the viewing areas?

Each person with a disability may bring one companion into the reserved viewing areas. Families, consisting of no more than two adults and any children less than 18 years of age, may stay together in the reserved areas. Please be considerate of our patrons who have disabilities and do not abuse this service. Space is limited.


Will there be accessible portable toilets?

Accessible portable toilets will be available in every grouping of portable toilets.


What services are not provided?

We do not have a wheelchair or scooter rental or loan service. Wheelchair push services and personal care attendants are not provided.


What services are available for patrons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing?

To request an American Sign Language Interpreter, make your request by writing to no later than 30 days before the event.

What services are available for patrons who are blind or have low vision?

• To reserve a braille or Large Print copy of the programming information, write to no later than two weeks prior to the event.

• Write to that same address at least one week before the start of the festival to arrange for a one-time tour of the festival grounds on either one of the festival days.


Are the games and activities accessible?

Yes, people with various abilities can play most of the games and participate in the activities. Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist.


Are service animals allowed?

Yes, service animals assisting an individual with a disability are allowed at the festival. Pets are not allowed.

• Service animals must be along side of their handler and harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.

• Service animals must be house-trained. A service animal relief area will be provided.

• Disruptive or dangerous animals will need to leave the site. The handler may return without the animal.

• All animals will be screened at the gate.

• The person bringing the animal is responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.


I use a syringe for my medical condition. What do I do?

A person bringing a syringe must be prepared to show medication in prescription packaging with name on the label, and photo ID.


Where can I dispose of medical waste?

Please dispose of your medical waste and sharps in the proper disposal at the Medical Tent. Please do not dispose of these things in the trash barrels. We appreciate your consideration for our volunteers and staff who handle the trash bags.


Contact us!

If you still have questions or need an accommodation not listed, write to us at


The Festival at the Farm Access Program is brought to you in collaboration with Everyone’s Invited, LLC.





Is on-site camping allowed at Festival at the Farm?

NO. ON-SITE CAMPING IS NOT ALLOWED at the festival. We recommend the comfort of your home or a nearby hotel.


Are there hotels available in the area?

Yes! We recommend one of the following delightful hotels:


Homewood Suites Canton

50 Royall St

Canton, MA 02021

(781) 828-4700


Four Points by Sheraton
Norwood Hotel and Conference Center
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike

Norwood, MA 02062



The Holiday Inn Boston/Dedham

55 Ariadne Road

Dedham MA 02026




Hampton Inn Boston/Braintree

215 Wood Road

Braintree, MA 02184




Hilton Boston/Dedham

25 Allied Drive

Dedham, MA 02026



bottom of page